Thursday, November 12, 2020

Report of last week of Peer teaching

When I first joined this new group for next week peer teaching, I was not that happy. The group included Fathima, Ancy, Divya, Hersha and me. But as the days passed, it was a good combination of members. The group was a perfect set of all sort of students. None of us were perfect, but we found joy in sharing, teaching, learning together. 

After the first class, I was not that happy, because none of them provided feedback. So I asked them to give proper negative and positive feedback after class. So they began to change their ways. And I found Fathima`s presentations very interesting and vice versa. So we began to discuss about presentation templates and downloaded many new slide templates from slide corner.  

Fathima was a teacher who was pleasant through out her class. She has a sweet voice while speaking or reading. But she had certain pronunciation mistakes which I was able to point out as I got feedback to improve my pronunciation during the first week of peer teaching. Fathima included new strategies like word puzzle in the PPT for entry activity. I thought that its not possible to include puzzles in PPT, but by seeing her, I was able to do it. I found many new ideas like word web, spider web, etc.

Ancy also showed improvements in the way she explained the content, the interaction, etc.

Hersha was not good at making presentation, as she never included enough glossary references or images. We provided negative feedback and the improvement was very clear during the journey of teaching. Her presentation became far far better than before, which even the tecaher noticed. It made us all happy.

Divya was good at explaining, but presentation needed improvement. We asked her to include appropriate images and to reduce the brightness of background images to make texts more clear. The improvement was drastic, as she improved her presentation, pronunciation, reading with correct stress, intonation, pitch and pronunciation.

As opposite to my expectation, this grpoup was also good. Each one of us had different talents which we shared with others for a common improvement. It was a nice experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment