Friday, February 5, 2021

First Week of Second Phase Teaching Practice

 The first week of our teaching practice was from 1 February 2021 to 5 February 2021.

Our teaching practice was for plus two students of GHSS Medical College. The first we introduced ourselves and mingled with the students of all batches. We gave them a clear idea about their chapters and English textbook. From the interaction we understood that they are not that familiar with plus two textbooks and they are not able to completely follow English language. 

On the second day, as planned before I decided to teach "3Ls of Empowerment". Students were excited and eager to listen to the class as I was the new student teacher. I presented the PPt and asked certain questions for which they interacted well. I was nervous at the beginning but O was able to do well. I was forced to use malayalam language as they are not able to completely follow English language. 

On the third day, I continued to teach the same lesson and included interesting activities to identify certain empowered women and begab to teach the lesson. I taught well using the PPT. It was good to listen to their ideas and slogans when I gave them time to prepare placards.

On the fourth day I took the next session of the same chapter which made them understand the importance of 'labour' in life. I explained the content and they shared their ideas about their dream job and interesting reasons for which they need a job. I was careful to clarify their doubts and pronunciation errors. I used audio visual aids to attract their attention. 

On the fifth day I taught the last portion of the same lesson which is leadership. It can be achieved through education and labour. They were able to identify some of the great leaders when I showed them their images. It was interesting and entertaining as some where guessing who it is😂. Ithe class went well in the first week and I am so happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment