Tuesday, June 2, 2020

DREAMS PROGRAM - CAMP - DAY 1 AND DAY 2

- A step to a new beginning-

We started the 10 day programme of DREAMS. Usually it is a 5 day camp in Christ Nagar college, But due to COVID 19 we decided to conduct the programme through online and by calling them directly through mobile phones. We were given the curriculum for second years and the themes for each days.  After giving each mentors at least two mentees, we decided to start it on June1. On the first day we contacted our own mentees and talked with their parents too about continuing the programme and discussed about the first theme. My mentees are Stephy and Aleena. On the first day I contacted each of them. Both of them were happy that we are conducting the programme through online and through mobile phones. 

we explained about the first theme "You and Your Family". It was a theme to make them understand the importance of family, to strengthen their family relationship, etc. I gave my mentees two activities. On the first day I gave them an activity to write a biography of his parents. I asked them to collect all interesting elements they wants to know about their parents. The next activity was to write a short note about each one of them`s favourite memory with her family. They were very enthusiastic to hear it. I clarified their doubts and made sure that they understood the activities. Then I asked their parents to support their daughter to finish the tasks. They were ready to help. As it was the first experience, I was a little nervous. But when I interacted with Stephy, Aleena and their mothers, I became more confident. Both of them were very enthusiastic to do all the activities. I am sure that ,during the end of these days Stephy and Aleena will be able to find new information. I hope that along with her I can also learn more.

On the second day I contacted them. They were waiting for me to call them and to explain to me what they have done. I was so happy to see their activities and energy. Both of them found many new information about their mother and wrote it beautifully on a book which they have to submit during the next camp. I am so happy that they are finding time to do all these activities in between their school activities through online. As it was the first two days, I am so happy and satisfied. It was a new experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment